Logistics Coordinator Khartoum – NRC
The Norwegian Refugee Council has an interesting and rewarding opportunity to be part of our newest country of operation – Sudan.
The NRC has recently re-registered to operate in Sudan, and is currently in country start-up phase, conducting assessments and designing the first steps of the programme. Focus will be given to people displaced by conflict, refugees, and vulnerable migrants, and potential geographical areas of work will be Khartoum state, South Kordofan and Blue Nile on a first phase, with the idea to expand to other States.
As a priority, NRC is therefore hiring a Logistics Officer to be part of establishing NRC’s programme in Sudan.
|Organization||The Norwegian Refugee Council|
|Apply Before||23/05/2021, 17:22|
|Degree Level||Bachelor’s Degree|
|Job Schedule||Full time|
Logistics Coordinator Sudan Khartoum (National Position)
P.S: Please ensure that you fill in all details before submitting your application on NRC people (Oracle HR). Empty and incomplete applications will not be considered.
NRC resumed operations in Sudan in 2020, providing humanitarian assistance, protection, and durable solutions. Our country programme integrates all of NRC’s six core competencies (camp management, education, ICLA, livelihoods, shelter, and WASH), and provides a rapid response capacity (including for the recent refugee emergency in eastern Sudan), and thematic capacities for cash and markets-based approaches, advocacy, digital modes of assistance, and co-leading various technical and strategic coordination platforms.
The purpose of a Logistic Coordinator is to implement delegated area of logistic responsibility and deliver a variety of procurement and other logistics related activities, including budget and procurement planning, market survey, management of warehouse, fleet, assets, communications, securing supporting documentation/archiving, reporting, coordinating, capacity building and support distributions.
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines, SOP’s and donor requirements
- Implement NRC’s logistic systems and procedures at area level
- Coordinate timely operational planning and management of logistic activities
- Ensure that local SOP’s regulate procedures at field office level, and perform periodic checks
- Coordinate market assessment within the scope and request of programme/project developers
- Prepare and submit reports and analysis
- Ensure proper filing of all support documents
- Support line managers in procedures and require support team trainings related to logistics
- Line management of the logistic team including recruitment and performance management
- Provide anti-corruption, transparency and cost efficiency focus in all processes (e.g. in procurement, vehicle management, asset management)
- Ensure safe and efficient transport of staff and materials/goods
- Perform other duties, as assigned by Line Manager
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a university graduate, with a minimum of 4 years’ previous experience in the field of logistics.
Experience working in complex and volatile contexts, in particular in Sudan. Technical expertise relevant to the role. Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities. Fluency in English and Arabic both written and verbal.
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels.
In this position you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Email and paper applications will not be considered.
QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE PARTICULARLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!!!
Contract period: 12 months
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Khartoum
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
NB: All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.